Monday, June 25, 2012

String Foundation

Today was exciting. It was hotter than h___! But I stood on my new lot under the cooling shade of the magnificent pecan tree and saw the footprint of my new home staked out before me. Oh . . . there's my front door. Welcome to my new home!



Its going to be a hot summer.  But the coolness today under the pecan tree was wonderful and will be life giving through this summer of building. The tree is so large that at high noon today the shade covered almost the entire staked house - and it had to be at least 15 degrees cooler than standing in the sun (and the breeze certainly helped).  I don't know how old the tree is but it already has had a long life.  I'm thrilled that I have been able to find a lot that has been sustenance to this tree for a long, long time and that I can now build a home that honors this grand tree; it will shade me and protect me through the summer while I watch my home grow.  And the tree will continue to grow because when I chose this lot I knew I had to choose a plan that kept the tree.  It is integral to my house plans and already providing me a cool refuge while I watch things progress.  This tree will stand guard over me and my home; it will majestically welcome my guests.  Let the building begin!


No comments:

Post a Comment