Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Intensity

I came home the other day and found a couple of lizards on my front porch. The lighting was perfect; the set up was amazing.  The questions were - could I get my camera in time and would they still be there when I got back.  Well - I could and they were.  I had my macro lens and was able to get really close.  I was just so glad this little guy didn't decide to jump.  That would have sent me running.

Instead he quietly sat there while I was able to "capture" him.  These two photos are the result.  I'm fond of them both, but particularly like the first one.

I call this one "Intensity."  Doesn't he look intense?  And determined?  And maybe harboring a secret?


This one I call "Who, Me?"  He looks almost startled and interrupted.  Or finally irritated with me.


Lizards - God's creatures.  Tiny, but everywhere - even in high society.  "The lizard you can take in your hands, yet it is in kings' palaces."  (Proverbs 30:28 ESV)

It is so exciting for me when I "capture" something amazing.  Lizards are often so quick - there just isn't time to set up properly.  This lizard honored me by indulging me and my time constraints.  Hopefully my pictures honor him.

No comments:

Post a Comment