Monday, August 13, 2012

Good to See You, Crocodile

See you later, Alligator. After while, Crocodile.

I'm sure everyone's heard this catchy little exchange when you're telling someone goodby. I started saying this to Noel when he was 2-ish but he'd just look at me like I'm a little strange (which I admit I am sometimes). So I moved on and have been working on Isaac. At least he seemed to enjoy this phrase but he's never responded (I say, See you later, Alligator.  He's supposed to say, After while, Crocodile).

The other day we were saying our goodbyes - I hadn't even said the alligator phrase.  Isaac looked at me and said (in his sweet little 3-year old voice), "Good to see you, Crocodile." And then grinned that huge, dimpled smile.  Boy did my heart melt!

So, what in the world does all this have to do with my house building?  Well, a lot in a round about way.

Nancy and I went to Monroe today to look for granite for my kitchen. We've looked here in Shreveport but just haven't found the right granite. I am attracted to unusual granite. For me I don't like the speckled granite.  I'm drawn to granites that have movement in them - river-like patterns of colors.  And I want a green/black/gray color.  I didn't find anything in Shreveport that was affordable so we went to Louisiana Stone in Monroe.

The granite selection was a bit mind-boggling. Who knew there were so many varieties of granite and marble.  So we walked up and down the aisles.  "I like this one." "This one might do."  And then we found it!  I was immediately drawn to it but we continued up and down the aisles (and it was hot inside that warehouse).  But nothing grabbed me like the one we'd seen on that other aisle. So we went back and I knew it was the one. It's not for everyone but I love it. Charcoals, dark greens, ashy-creams and wine colors. And it's called Crocodile!


Good to see you, Crocodile.

1 comment:

  1. My Mother and I used that phrase all of the time...congratulations on the granite...West Monroe/Monroe has good things to offer...:))

    ReplyDelete