Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Rough Plumbing

I've often marveled at how people can build things from a sheet of paper into a completed structure. I never thought I would actually watch the process from start to finish on my own home.

I'm in awe of the skill and craftsmanship of builders and construction workers. Case in point - today the plumbing for my house was rough set. I've been learning my house for months now by studying my plans. But I cannot relate what I think I know with the physical state of my lot.

I know where the kitchen should be but the pipe in the middle of the house seems so wrong! I know it's all correct because Curtis tells me it is.

The laundry room and guest bathroom look tiny, tiny. I know they're not but I can no longer see my house as it looks like on the plans I know so well.

But I'm not worried. I'm intrigued and ready to see my house develop before my eyes.

Slab on Friday. Hooray.

No comments:

Post a Comment