Thursday, September 6, 2012

Tile Choices

My house is going up so fast. It took a long time making a granite choice and then it took a while to get a piece of the granite so I could take it with me to make backsplash choices.

Last weekend I finally had the granite piece that I could use to match colors. Nancy and I had decided I needed a very "quiet" backsplash because the granite was so colorful and busy. We thought the backsplash tile should be monochromatic; it should be nondescript and fade away so it wouldn't compete with the granite.

So we began our search. We started at Lowes. I figured we would just narrow down some color choices but probably not find "the" backsplash.

Nancy thought maybe a stainless backsplash would work. We found some but I wasn't feeling it. It was just such a cold combination.

We continued to try different tiles against the granite. We came up with some maybes but nothing thrilled us. One of the Lowes employees came to see if he could help us. We told him what we were doing and showed him the granite. He oohed and aahed over the granite; he said it was so unique. And then he said he knew what we needed. He said he had the perfect tile. He went down the aisle and came back with "the perfect tile". He placed it against the granite and we all exclaimed how wonderful it was.

It was so different from what we were looking for. It has every color of the granite and together they are perfect. We would have probably missed it if he hadn't stopped to help us.  I can't imagine anything better. And, I can hardly wait to see it installed.  Soon . . ,


No comments:

Post a Comment